Friday Rant- I do not understand phone companies

WARNING: Really long vent

A few weeks ago, I cracked my phone screen… First phone I’ve EVER cracked. The way it cracked just made it worse. I’ve dropped my phone on the street, accidentally thrown it across the room and it never cracked. I was sitting outside on my porch and it slips from my pocket onto the concrete and shattered my screen. It literally slipped inches and it freaking cracked.

I am on my second mom’s phone plan so I asked her if I could get an upgrade and she said that it was okay, so we called the phone company to see if I could get a specific phone and to see if her account is eligible and we were told it was by one representative and we were also told my another that my current phone was paid off. So once I was given the okay, to go in to the store and get my new phone with no down payment and to only pay taxes, that’s what I did only to be told by someone in the store that her account wasn’t eligible to get the phone I wanted because she didn’t have enough credit and that I would have to pay a $300 down payment AND that I still owe on my current phone, which is NOT what were were told on the phone.

We then made another call to the phone company to see why we were told two different things and they confirmed that they guy in the store was correct. I was so upset because my phone has a giant ass crack and started turning my screen blue. The rep we spoke to that time told us what phone I did qualify for and what there was enough credits for, which was the next generation of the phone I already had so I was okay getting that phone. Because of the miscommunication, this representative offered to do overnight shipping for free because this phone was no longer in the stores, with me only paying taxes which was only like $25. Cool. It was Thursday of last week that he made this order but he informed me that I wouldn’t get it Friday, but I would get it Saturday instead (Which it totally not overnight shipping), the only problem was, I was going to be in Utah on Saturday. He told me to have it shipped to the address of where I would be staying because he was positive I was going to get it on Saturday so I gave him that address. I thought all my issues were solved right then and there….He told me to wait for the tracking number so I did…. Friday evening came around and I was on my way to Utah and still no tracking number…

We had called the phone company for a third time wondering why I hadn’t gotten a tracking number when I was suppose to receive the phone the next day. We were then informed that it can take 24 to 48 hours just to process the order and also found out that they don’t deliver phones on Saturday when were were told otherwise by the same company, different representative… I was getting a little mad at this point because I was having a phone being shipped to a different state that I was only going to be in until Sunday.afternoon. We asked if I could just change the shipping address to my home address and the rep told us that we can do that only when we get a tracking number. I asked her if I could call back and have them change it when I got that tracking number and she told me yes.

At this point, I was getting a massive head ache from this

Fast forward to Saturday morning at 12am… I get the tracking number at freaking midnight and it says est, time of delivery was Monday… I called in right after I got it and got someone who could not speak good English and kept saying “UM” after every other word. I told her that I wanted to change the shipping address on the order and she freaking tells me that they can’t do that because it has already shipped! LIKE WHAT THE HELL!!! I was so furious at this point. I asked her just to cancel my whole order and I would reorder for my home address and she said that she can’t do that either because her system is down. I was fuming. I was having a phone being delivered to a state on a day that I was not going to be there and was lied to about 4 times already. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and they said they couldn’t do anything right then either so they gave a $50 credit off the bill for the miscommunication and for all the issues. He then says he’s going to call the stores in my area to see if any of them have this phone even after I told him that no store carries it anymore.

The next day, they called me back and told me that they were able to cancel it and reprocess another order for me and have it shipped to my home address. They also promised me a refund of the payment I made and to put some of the credits back on the account because of all the lies we were told. Well, this only gets worse from here…Another order was processed and I was told to go into my emails and do the E-sign thing. Well, I never got the email… I called a few hours later because my order can’t be fully processed unless I sign that thing… Turns out, the chick who couldn’t speak English put my email address in wrong when I never gave it to her… She was just copying it from what was on file… I finally signed the e signature thing because a manager sent it to the right email and he said he would follow up after I got the phone which should be on Tuesday… Well, Monday night rolls around and still no tracking number for the second order.

We call AGAIN, at this point, we lost count of how many times we called and how many people we talked to. We also noticed on the bill that they were trying to charge us the full amount for the phone and no one could tell us why. We talked to a woman who didn’t really seem interested and wouldn’t even let us talk and the call was disconnected… We call back and get someone who DOESN’T SPEAK ENGLISH. Told him the whole story and he just kept saying that I’ll get the phone tomorrow and that he’s having a supervisor work on it. How the hell did he know when it would arrive if there was no tracking number?! We then asked for his name and badge number and then requested a supervisor. We get another person that did not speak English and this guy did not give two shits and could not answer any of our questions. He just kept saying that someone will call us back in 24 to 48 hours. Well, I wasn’t having that. I told him to find a real solution now because at this point, it had been almost a week since we had ordered the first phone. We then asked him for a badge number and he said they aren’t allowed to give that out, which is a lie because we had gotten them from everyone we talked to… He then said he would text us the info… I blew up because he lied to us. I demanded a different supervisor and then he hung up on us.

We called back and got someone who listened to us but could not answer why they were charging us full price for the phone. He also couldn’t tell us why the previous rep said we were going to for sure get the phone tomorrow when there was no tracking number yet.

Moral of the story, PHONE COMPANIES SUCK AND THEY LIE JUST TO GET YOU OFF THE PHONE. I don’t need to release the name of the company because eventually I got my phone, the billing issue has been solved and all is good, I just needed to vent because that was a terrible experience and a whole lot of lies in less than a week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: